Thursday, July 09, 2009

Where's the fire?

The alarm went off. It's an insistent ringing bell. There's no give up at all. I looked at my fellow fish monger sitting next to me. Neither of us knew for sure. Was this real or was it a drill? For a moment I thought it was real, but then there had been no drill in months. So it couldn't be. We took the stairs down and joined the cue. By the third floor it had began to get congested. The evacuees walked ever so slowly. If there were a panic, if this were real someone would of got hurt here. We had to check a lower floor so pealed off from the throng and noise of the crowd. Our job was just to make sure a fellow skilletter had got out, they needed additional help. We looked. Walked around and could not find them, they must of already left the building. In the meantime I had just joined the land of the not so healthy and probably not living. But it was just a drill. Outside we congregated in the gardens we're all supposed to meet. The sun was out, a nice breeze blew across our faces. It was just a drill, nothing to worry about.

I saw another fisherman his face was covered in flaking skin. Silly sod he'd been out a few days earlier when the sun was relentless and had no screen on. He had learnt his lesson. My legs have nearly stopped flaking from the fishing trip with L & B man. What will tomorrow hold?

I walked home, but for some reason I can't help eating. Had a plate of Singapore fried rice at lunch, it was spicy but not too spicy. Even going to the Fish Factory today I had walked half the distance the bus would of taken. With jacket off because I got hot. I need some more man perfume, something nice and in bulk, my last bottle of Body Shop own brand has finished. Something spicy perhaps? Or what about citrus like? Weekend is nearly here then overtime. So many fish to gut. It could be the heat, although rain is forecast, it's still hot. Nothing to get alarmed over though, I'm not on fire yet.

No comments: