Thursday, July 02, 2009

Polar bears to tea

The day ends hot again even with windows open the house is 28 Celsius. There seems to be little through draft so it's stifling. I put some cold water in the bath and sink hoping it would absorb some of the heat from the house, generally water is cooler than air, so now wonder if it is working. I hear plants are good as well for cooling a house, as is being in a house near the Antarctic but I doubt if there are many of them on account of the bears. Big white ones, apparently although they have wonderful thick coats they do like to pop around for tea and crumpets and unless you have reinforced the furniture. On account of polar bears being the world's number one disbelievers in diets, they have been known to go by the motto "if we can catch it, we can eat it," oh nearly forgot you should dress up as a polar bear yourself as well. Learn their body language and smell like one. For if they do turn up for tea and the crumpets are not hot enough they'll eat the host as a sign of dissatisfaction. Personally, I've never been able to eat a whole human being and prefer them cooked whilst polars don't mind at all. And if you just happen to go the whole hog they do like a nice prawn cocktail to start with.

The heat just has a way of getting to my head. I start of the morning quite pleasant and hear or see things which I think would make a good BLOG and then come evening time I've forgotten them. For instance, The news today has advised of a new archive found of material from news feeds and radio broadcasts. One of them they played was of Jane Fonda (Hanoi Jane) saying how she cried for the American soldiers. I could devote an entire blog to the trepidation of having my inlay returned to the recalcitrant tooth. Which happened this afternoon. While I lay there with my mouth opened and the dentist instruments half way down my throat I suddenly became aware of my tongue. It seemed to be pressing against one of the implements and I found myself trying to push it out. I could say how I concentrated on relaxing my breathing as best I could and not gagging either. In the waiting room two African ladies came in while I sat filling in a dental questionnaire. They had a small boy possibly of one or two years in age and a small girl. The boy looked at my shoes and poked them with a little finger. I had left the laces undone, he had such a happy face, I didn't understand a word he said but he seemed pleasant enough. The new receptionist seemed like a young posh cow and was more occupied in chatting to some young male, who I couldn't tell might have been another dentist but I didn't recognise him. I bought a large green melon from the market, it only cost £3 quid, then realised it was heavier than a bowling ball, it was the middle of the day and I'd have to take it home. There's hardly any margarine in the fridge so I wondered about making sandwiches with no marg for tomorrow, then considered it better just to buy from a shop. Later on I took Little Monster Boy out for a walk, he seemed slow and not quite up to his normal ebullient self. He was complaining about his big sister putting on her music loud when he went to bed. Poor thing. The old cat Tigger is looking frailer each day but enjoys being left out in the garden at night because of the heat. He no longer jumps anywhere and now climbs like Scot of the Antarctic. There are many things I could of put in my blog so no wonder picking just a few things can be difficult, and then it's a matter of being in the right writing mood.

Hold on. There's a knock at the door. Of course, it's those damn pesky bears again, OK on with the white suit, crumpets on the grill, kettle on the boil. Now what was the appropriate etiquette greeting?

No comments: