Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So many loco people

In order to continue a health bent and weight loss program I walked home today. It's just over two miles and took about an hour to do. Which isn't too bad, but to tell the truth it was to counteract the fact I'd eaten a Singapore fried rice for lunch and felt guilty. I'll not mention the soft drink or chocolate afterwards. Fortunately I didn't eat a bag of dry roasted peanuts, well you have to have a limit sometimes. Although others don't.

After yomping all the way I opened the door to be greeted by door big moma on the phone talking to the cinema. She had decided to book tickets for the new Harry Potter movie about to come out on Wednesday and was enthusiastic about taking Monster Boy and Silly Sophia to see it. I caught the tale end of the conversation, the part where voice on the other end of the phone asks for your credit card details. However, she kept interrupting this process and told them she did not have a credit card. She repeated this a couple of times got annoyed and then the phone was then put down. She looked at Silly Sophia and said she couldn't book the ticket.. Sophia asked if it was an automatic machine moma spoke to, moma said it was a man's voice on the end. Then just for good measure as though no one had heard her conversation and she didn't have a credit card. Funny I thought because, I'm sure they got rid of the human operators some years ago. Well it transpired the voice was a machine as I had thought. The tickets weren't booked. The machine or man's voice had said bookings up to Sunday were only being taken. Now Silly Sophia took this to mean Potter would only be on at the cinema for a few days. It was then I had to ask her whether she was nuts. I pushed the envelope and questioned her how long the last HP movie had been on at the cinema. Somehow the penny dropped and the realisation the voice on the end of the phone had got it wrong. At this decisive point I wondered I had just walked into a fruit and nut cake factory.

Tweedledum the twin to Tweedledee at the Fish Factory likes to be right in everything he says. The thing is I don't think I have met a more ignorant individual. But it doesn't stop him from finding out anally retentive facts and spurting them off like he knows best. He just thinks he does but doesn't. This afternoon I stated the most technologically advanced culture was Japan. He in response said technology had been around since he was a kid and then tried to say he'd been interested in it all the time. But Tweedledum didn't really understand what I said. He tried and bring other people into the conversation, shooting his mouth off and still not discussing the statement. He was avoiding the statement and not using reasoning or discursive argument, which is his preferred method. I am now of mind I am surrounded by people who have been drinking loco weed contaminated water. Tweedledum is always like this and usually I just keep quite, as he went on I just did my usual and shut up letting him talk gibberish. Maybe it's the sound of his own voice or he's been eating nuts as well. Oh yes, must of been the packed I had opted to miss.

No comments: