Friday, July 17, 2009

Falling off the wagon, make sure it's not far then

This blog is short because I've just posted one on my other blog, see "irritating things, places, people and events" (http://irritatingthingspeopleplacesevents.blogspot.com/) it's good, I enjoyed writing it. To do with getting off a train. Go read it now, I mean it, it's good. You'll laugh as well, I hope.

Well it's Friday and there is something quite wonderful about reaching a Friday. Although tomorrow is longer at the Fish Factory, for some reason the entire day is more relaxed. It's quieter with fewer people around and so more work can be done. If the weather holds off I'll promise myself a walk home which takes an hour to do and very good health wise. Which I have to probably do, because today I think I fell off the wagon on the health front kick. Yep had a nice Chinese meal then when I got to the gym my belly fell so large I had to give up running on the running machine and walk instead. It was just so hot and stuffy in there, my t-shirt got all sweaty. Then I sat on a weight machine, to pump some iron, pulled the weights down in two repetitions and stopped. Just completely refused to do any more. I sat there staring into infinity, something had a hold of me. I was unable to more or do anything, just sitting there was the only thing I could do. I allowed myself time to enjoy the seat then realised the next best thing to do was leave and hit the showers. After gym I went to the shops, got some bits, a bag of almonds in a jalepeno dusting and a large bag of crisps, oops nearly forgot the malt bread. Unfortunately I been stuffing my face since. I accept it's just a glitch and these things do occasionally happen, even to the best of us. So I shouldn't expect to lose a great deal when I next get on the scales. But it's OK, it's just a glitch. These things happen. You just have to keep on trying. If you fall of your bike you get back on. Although if you fell from a 13 storey tower block you'd be unlikely to get back onto much at all. But health wise it's just a tad different.

I had a horror story yesterday morning while shaving. Spied another grey hair, in fact I think I am gradually going grey. Gradually getting older. Salt and peppered, some call it the George Cluney look, personally I think it's just grey old age doing it's ever slow and incessant thing. The creeping up thing. No wonder I fell off the wagon this evening, I needed to comfort the inner feelings of aging and a defunct life of drooling, watching TV on high volume and wishing I was young again. Bollocks, feck the wagon I need a wagon wheel.

No comments: