Wednesday, July 22, 2009

photo booth

For the past few days I been wondering where I can get a photo of myself for a photo card. This is because I've found it is cheaper to purchase a monthly train ticket than buying tickets each day. The saving is impressive at about six to seven pounds in a single week. However, as I been unable to find a picture of myself which just goes to show how not vain I am, the only alternative was to buy one from a photo booth machine. Which is what I did at lunch time. I made my own sandwiches as well so as to cut down on this lunch periods expenses. The first machine I went to was actually at the train station, but when I sat on the stool I then noticed a sign saying it was out of order. Great. Ten minutes later I had walked to another shop where the machine worked.

At first the stool was too high. This meant the photo would of been a great nose and mouth but chopped off my eyes and head. The seat needed a few spins to lower it during which I thought there must of been kids inside doing exactly the same thing. I put my coins in the machine and followed the options step by step. It did want me to remove my specs but being a rebel I said no and kept them on, if I had taken them off I wouldn't of been able to read the rest of the instructions. Which I could imagine would of eventually set of the flash while my head was pushed close to the window looking in and squinting. I don't think there's a great deal of photo cards which require tops of head pictures, especially ones where it might show a gradual thinning out of hair. No. Specs on it was. Being in a rush meant I didn't have much time to see what was the best picture I should take, so I just took one picture and accepted it immediately. Within thirty seconds I had 4 just printed portraits. They didn't really flatter my appearance at all, my lips looked thin, and it seems I have a small but prominent frown line between the eyes. Not to mention looking old. Even though I'm young on the inside, the reality of an old looking picture is depressing. I should of kept my baseball cap on it might of helped.

So now I have the pictures in my wallet and tomorrow morning I expect I'll get a photo card and advanced travel ticket. Then I wont have to worry or stress about the slow ticket sellers or the crowds in front of me while I wait for the next customer. Or the automatic ticket machines which love to just reject my coins when the train is coming into the station. Overall, getting these pictures might be the smartest thing I've done in ages. Bad luck they don't have my best side. Next time I'll moony, after all no one really looks at those things.

No comments: