Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Autumn and Cheese

I think the first signs of autumn are in the air.  It's noticeable from crab apples.  A tree I pass on the way to the train station is just dropping them.  They get squashed on the pavement and then become slippery under foot.  So like a Wally I pretend to be practicing football and always kick a few into the road.  It's OK for the cars, but for us two legged people slipping on a pavement hurts, or worse.  There is more wind and the odd leaf is dropping as well.  So without much ado, autumn is sending silent fingers out upon the world.  In no time it will be appropriate to put on jumpers, bigger coats and boots.  I must get out at the weekend and attack a flaking window, with a little luck I might get to it before autumn is fully blown.  It needs complete sanding, and I have some wood preserve which kills of fungus and stuff.  I'll give it a coat or two, wait a few more days and then get on with an undercoat.  It may take a couple of weeks. 

The chance of chatting to Sparkling didn't arise today, it looks like we'll have to catch up another time.  I can't wait for a break from the Fish Factory.  I made my own sandwiches at lunch time.  Took myself out and away from the smell of fish then ate them on a bench.  Newspaper in one hand.  I even laid my head back for a moment and closed my eyes. Catching a very quick power nap.  It was relaxing.  The sandwiches were just about edible.  Too much cheese and pickle though is sure to drive me crazy as well.  Tomorrow I'll probably hit the Chinese again.  Better lap up what time there is, in a few weeks it'll be all rain and blustery winds.  Nothing to do with the cheese either.

No comments: