Thursday, August 25, 2011

Going for a walk

I think all the food and my unhealthy feeling got to me this evening.  So much I had to go for a walk.  It took about 40 minutes, but I strode with purpose.  The light had just faded to say autumn is well on it's way.  I texted Sparkling and asked if she'd like a chat.  I couldn't remember if she was working or not.  A few  minutes later my phone rang while I was in mid stride.  It was wonderful to hear Sparkling and to communicate with her.  Then for some reason as I was walking and talking at the same time my breath shortened and I breathed heavier.  I was a heavy breather in the real sense.  It must be with the extra couple of stone I'm carrying around my waist.  If only it would drop off, but that sort of thing never does.  There wasn't a great deal of time to chat as Sparkles was waiting on Rock Chick coming out of her work.  Rock Chick did and immediately demanded they get a move on.  Well, Sparkles wasn't going to drive and chat at the same time.  Rock had to get home, it didn't matter Sparkles and I hadn't really chatted for a few days, because of Rock's needed to get home and her personal chauffeur was to put the peddle to the metal.  It was a shame.  One reason why is because I had to walk past a chip shop and chatting to Sparkles would of been an additional distraction.  Fortunately I was on the other side of the road and the aroma of salt and vinegar didn't waft in my direction.  I had managed to save myself from about a thousand calories.  Unfortunately eating a couple of chocolate biscuits earlier probably counter balanced the 40 minutes of exercise.  I now have it in mind to try and do a little bit of exercise each day.  Just something small but effective to know I've nearly built up a sweat.

So tomorrow I'll go for another exercise.  Another walk, and maybe if I am lucky, just maybe not eat a chocolate biscuit before I do.  Well as one of my favourite sayings goes.  How do you eat an elephant?  A little bit at a time.  Not the whole bloody lot fatboy.

No comments: