Monday, August 29, 2011

An Extra Day

It has been a long time since I saw Sparkling.  I usually get to see her every 5 or so weeks.  It's like I have to have a booster of Sparkling.  Not seeing her makes me unhappy and I then wonder whether it is all worth it.  In addition it seems I am going through some kind of hormonal thing.  Being unable at time to control my feelings.  Such as my earlier BLOG about listening to music, Steph Stevenson.  Well right this minute I'm checking out some old reggae music, real old reggae music.  OK had enough turned it off.  Well I was listening to it but turned it off.  Off.  I don't get much of a chance to speak to Sparkles because of our working days.  Mine starts when Sparkles is usually catching up with her sleep, if she's had the chance.  Then just about the time I'm finishing work she is starting it.  We pass each other and communicate mostly in text messages, then maybe one day or two if I'm lucky in the week I get to chat to her.  As the saying goes.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and it certainly does where loved ones are involved.

It's a bank holiday Monday.  I got on my bike and had a good cycle today.  It was for a purpose, for a little shopping.  But as an extra day off from the Fish Factory it has felt like a welcome break, actually quite relaxing.  I should of got outside and done a bit of painting as well.  But that will have to wait a little bit more. I certainly have enjoyed the break from everything.  What one day can do is remarkable.  I bought two pairs of dress trousers for the Fish Factory and a shirt.  There was also a cheap tie going.  Being as I liked the look of it, I got that as well. This afternoon like clockwork, while the telly was on I laid back my head in the chair and dozed off.  This has now become my new talent.  I've even done it at lunchtimes before.  I went to a nice bench ate my sandwiches, finished a bottle of juice, then let my head rest on my chest and closed my eyes.  I had about 15 minutes of power napping in the sun.  It was very relaxing actually.  I wonder if other people have this talent besides me.  I'm sure some do.  The stronger the ability the more able you are to switch it on when and wherever you want.  I hope it isn't some kind of sleep disorder.  Maybe it's the age thing again.  The thing you can not get away from.  It's like a piece of recalcitrant chewing gum stuck to the bottom of a shoe.  No matter how much you scrape at the sole it still feels sticky when you walk.  It's hanging around.  Yep, that's what age is.  Some stubborn old chewing gum.

Yes the extra day has been very nice.  Wish I could of had a chat with Sparkles, oh well, we'll catch up soon, as I'll be heading up there again in the next few weeks.  See you then Sparkles.

No comments: